Home Service Robot
1. Research Topic
The development of service robots that are used as home appliances.
Fig.1 Conceptual idea of SNU Service Robot
2. Research Contents
The change in the society to be an information-oriented and aging society has increased the necessity of service robots during the past few years. It is predicted that in the near future one family will at least possess and use more than one service robot. For this reason, many universities, institutes and industries are showing interests in service robot technology and its market.
Not only engineering technology but also business mind and aesthetic appreciation will be converted into the development of this service robot. The conceptual idea of the SNU service robot is shown in Fig.1. Bio-technology, robot technology and information technology are required for the technology aspects. Also broad experience in marketing will be necessary for the aesthetic aspects. (refer to Fig. 1).
The SSR (SNU Smart Robot) will be a modularized robot. It consists of a common platform and several application parts. The common platform will have a PC based on a locomotive part and will be the core part which can be used regardless of users or environments. The application parts will be changeable according to the needs of the users, its purpose and environments. The modularized robot concept will enlarge the (global) market, application range and customer satisfaction.
Designing, manufacturing and various test procedures will be performed during the development of this project. An innovative service robot which has many high technologies fused into will be proposed from this project.
1. Previous work
The home service robot should be able to move around everywhere at home. It means that it should be able to travel indoor circumstances including stairs. Therefore, it is necessary to develop an optimized travel mechanism of the home service robot. There are many mechanisms to climb stairs. However, the home service robot needs an optimized travel mechanism to climb stairs faster and more efficiently. The optimized travel system for the home service robot platform is on researching.
2. Present work
A new team to research the SNU Service Robot is organized with various disciplines. The team is composed of social sciences (communication), arts (design), business school, liberal arts (philosophy) and engineering (computer science, mechanical engineering, convergence science and technology, technology management). This project is supported by the SNU Brain Fusion Program, which is set up a fund to invigorate the convergence of multi-disciplines, from the Seoul National University
• Heeseung Hong, Dongmok Kim, HwaSoo Kim, Seokwoo Lee, Jongwon Kim "Contact angle estimation and composite locomotive strategy of a stair-climbing mobile platform" ROBOTICS AND COMPUTER-INTEGRATED MANUFACTURING29367-381 2013 [PDF]
• Heeseung Hong, Dongmok Kim, Hwa Soo Kim, Seokwoo Lee, Jongwon Kim "Contact angle estimation and composite locomotive strategy of a stair-climbing mobile platform" Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing29 2013 [PDF]
• Hee Seung Hong, TaeWon Seo, Dongmok Kim, Sunho Kim, Jongwon Kim "Optimal design of hand-carrying rocker-bogie mechanism for stair climbing" JOURNAL OF MECHANICAL SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY27125-132 2013 [PDF]
• Dongmok Kim, Heeseung Hong, Hwa Soo Kim and Jongwon Kim "Optimal design and kinetic analysis of a stair-climbing mobile robot with rocker-bogie mechanism" Mechanism and Machine Theory90-108 2012 [PDF]
• Hee Seung Hong, TaeWon Seo, Dongmok Kim, Sunho Kim, and Jongwon Kim "Optimal Design of Hand-Carrying Rocker-Bogie Mechanism for Stair Climbing" Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology 2011 [PDF]
• Heeseung Hong, Jangho Bae, Jongwon Kim, Hwa Soo Kim "Conceptual Design of a New Stair-Climbing Mobile Platform Using a Hybrid Link Mechanism" ICCAS 2013Gwangju 23 20 Oct. [PDF]
• H. Hong, D. Kim, J. Kim, J. Oh and H. S. Kim "A Locomotive Strategy for a Stair-Climbing Mobile Platform Based on a New Contact Angle Estimation" ICRA 2013Karlsruhe 13 -1 May [PDF]
• 홍희승, 김화수, 배장호, 김종원 "계단등반 성능을 갖는 이동 플랫폼의 등하강 전략 수립" 한국정밀공학회Changwon 31 10 2014 [PDF]
• 배장호, 홍희승, 김종원, 서태원, 김화수 "하이브리드 링크 구조 기반 실내 환경 주행용 이동 플랫폼 개념설계" ICROS 2013Changwon 24 5. 2013 [PDF]
• 홍희승, 김동목, 이석우, 김종원, 김화수, 서태원 "계단 등반이 가능한 로커-보기 로봇의 설계 및 제작" 한국정밀공학회 06 06 2011 [PDF]
• Dongmok Kim, Heeseung Hong and Jongwon Kim "Optimal kinematic design of a mobile robotic platform that can navigate the stairs based on the rocker-bogie mechanism" CJK-OSM6 6th China-Japan-Korea Joint Symposium on Optimization of Structural and Mechanical SystemsKyoto 6. 06 2010 [PDF]
• 홍희승, 김종원, 김동목, 김선호 "라커-보기 구조를 갖는 카트의 계단 등반 성능 최적화" 한국정밀공학희 05 05 2010 [PDF]
• 김동목, 홍희승 "수동형 링크 구조 주행로봇의 계단등반 메커니즘의 최적설계" 한국정밀공학회 0. 10 2009 [PDF]
• 배장호, 홍희승, 김종원, 김화수 "하이브리드 링크 구조 기반 실내 환경 주행용 이동 플랫폼 상세설계 및 제작" ICROS 2014Daegu [PDF]
• 홍희승, 배장호, 김종원, 김화수 "계단 등반 플랫폼" 10-2014-0061798
Ph.D : Heeseung Hong, Jangho Bae
M.S : Sungkeun Yoo